Gail Jefferson is an associate attorney at Bunsow De Mory where she practices patent litigation.
Gail graduated with a Juris Doctorate from Santa Clara University as a High Tech Law Institute Fellow. She holds her Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology. Focusing on Computational Materials Science, she also earned her Doctorate degree from Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University in Mechanical Engineering.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Gail was an engineer and educator where she performed award-winning research and influenced the creation and operation of engineering student retention programs.
During law school, she concentrated her studies in the area of patent law and gained valuable experience in patent analytics prior to joining BDIP.
Gail is a self-professed Trekkie who can be found during her free time at the theatre, exploring California, or out hiking with her best pal, dog Speck.
- Santa Clara University, College of the Law, J.D.
- Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University, College of Engineering, Ph.D.
- The Ohio State University, College of Biomedical Engineering, M.S.
- Georgia Institute of Technology, College of Engineering, B.S.M.E.
Awards & Recognition
- Top Prof., by Azalea Chapter of Mortar Board, in recognition of having a “significant impact” on students
- Best Paper Award, by IEEE Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology (CPMT) Society Outstanding, selected by the Editors-in-Chief and Associate Editors in recognition as being one of the best papers published in Transactions that year.