At Bunsow De Mory we understand the strength in diversity, and we work hard to foster a diverse and inclusive environment. We know that a diverse work environment results in higher employee satisfaction, and that diverse perspectives lead to more creativity, innovation, and better outcomes for our clients. We are a majority women-owned and managed law firm. Our attorneys and legal professionals come from many different backgrounds and comprise a variety of nationalities, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, genders, religions, and cultures. We are committed to maintaining that diversity among our team members and carry that goal with us when recruiting. We encourage interest from candidates of all diversities.
Our attorneys also support diversity initiatives through pro bono work and participation in affinity organizations. Some examples:
- Our attorneys have helped LGBTQ+ individuals obtain asylum in the United States after fleeing their home countries due to persecution based on their sexual orientation and/or gender identity. Senior Associate Hillary Bunsow was a recipient of the Safe Haven Award from Immigration Equality for her work securing asylum for an LGBTQ+ client.
- Our attorneys volunteer at the University of San Diego School of Law Name and Gender-Marker Change Clinic, through which transgender and nonbinary individuals obtain assistance with changing their name and/or gender-marker on their state and federal records.
- One of our pro bono clients is the Kim Center for Social Balance, a San Diego-based nonprofit organization accelerating equal status for all genders, races, and ethnicities in the workplace.
- Partner Jennifer Gilbert is the Social Chair and an Executive Committee Member of the Chinese American Lawyers of the Bay Area (CALOBA), and a Member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley (APABA-SV).
- Partner Lauren Robinson is the Vice Chair of the Women’s Committee for the PTAB Bar Association.
- Partner Richard Lin is a Member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley (APABA-SV), and former Committee Co-Chair of the organization’s Solo and Small Firm Committee.
- Senior Associate Hillary Bunsow is a Member of the Tom Homann LGBT Law Association (San Diego LGBT Bar Association).
To learn more about diversity and inclusion efforts at Bunsow De Mory, please contact Denise De Mory.