Li began her legal career prosecuting patents and is registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office. With a technical background in chemistry and extensive research experience in semiconductor materials, she has developed a deep awareness and understanding of the interplay between technology and law. She has represented technology companies in matters involving electronics, medical devices, semiconductors, software, pharmaceuticals and chemicals, consumer products, telecommunications, and manufacturing processes.
Prior to joining private practice, she interned for the Honorable Susan G. Braden at the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, she worked for several years as a policy and intellectual property specialist at the National Cancer Institute, and she also worked as an engineer in the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
Li frequently speaks and writes about intellectual property issues, and has published in Bloomberg Law, Law360, Intellectual Property Magazine, WardsAuto, and the 337 Reporter of International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association.
Recognizing the importance of pro bono service to the community, Li has worked on a variety of pro bono matters, representing clients seeking asylum, resolving child custody disputes and contract disputes, and assisting veterans. She previously interned at the Legal Counsel for the Elderly, providing free legal services to elderly residents of Washington, DC.
Li has been actively involved in a number of legal organizations and their committees, including the American Bar Association, the PTAB Bar Association, and the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association. She was selected as a member of the 2022 class of Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinders.
She has been named “Rising Star” in Intellectual Property by Super Lawyers multiple times.
In her free time, Li enjoys cooking and spending time with her family.
- “Doing Business in… 2023″. For Chambers and Partners: Trends and Developments, June 2023
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2013
- Ph.D., University of Rochester, Chemistry, 2008
- B.S., Peking University, Applied Chemistry, 2001
Court & Bar Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US Patent & Trademark Office
- Certain Casual Footwear and Packages Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1270 (ITC)
- Certain Polycrystalline Diamond Compacts and Articles Containing Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-1236 (ITC)
- Certain Artificial Eyelash Extension Systems, Products, and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1226 (ITC)
- Lashify, Inc. v. Qingdao Lashbeauty Cosmetic Co., Ltd., 6-22-cv-00776 (W.D. Tex.)
- Lashify, Inc. v. Qingdao Hollyren Cosmetics Co., Ltd., 6-22-cv-00777 (W.D. Tex.)
- Certain High-Density Fiber Optic Equipment and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1194 (ITC)
- Certain Infotainment Systems, Components Thereof, and Automobiles Containing the Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-1119 (ITC)
- Certain Radio Frequency Micro-Needle Dermatological Treatment Devices and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1112 (ITC)
- Certain Carbon and Alloy Steel Products, Inv. No. 337-TA-1002 (ITC)
- IPR2018-00440, IPR2018-00443, IPR2018-00444, IPR2018-00348, IPR2018-00349
- T-Mobile USA Inc. v. Huawei Device USA Inc. et al., No. 2:14-cv-01351 (W.D. Wash.)
- BMG Rights Management (US) LLC, et al. v. Cox Communications Inc. et al., No. 1:14-cv-01611 (E.D. Va.)