Wendy J. Thurm
Senior Editor & Writer
Wendy Thurm is an attorney and writer. She leads the firm’s brief writing practice in the trial and appellate courts.
Wendy is an experienced litigator. She previously practiced with Keker, Van Nest & Peters in San Francisco where, as an associate and partner, she handled complex civil and white collar criminal cases. Wendy was twice named to the Daily Journal’s list of Top 100 Women Litigators in California.
Wendy is an accomplished storyteller. Wendy is a contributing writer to The Athletic on the intersection of sports and law. Her nonfiction writing also has been published by The New Yorker, The New York Times, San Francisco Magazine, ESPN, Deadspin, and VICE.
Wendy received her B.A. in Political Science summa cum laude from Tufts University and her J.D. cum laude from Harvard Law School, where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review.
Wendy lives in San Francisco with her husband, two children, and 20 San Francisco Giants bobbleheads.
Awards & Recognition
- Daily Journal’s Top 100 Women Litigators in California (2009, 2010)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Harvard Law School, J.D. cum laude (1992); Editor-in-Chief, Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review
- Tufts University, B.A. in Political Science summa cum laude (1987); Phil Beta Kappa