Brenda offers the rare combination of a trial lawyer, capable of telling the jury a powerful story, and a patent attorney, trained to immerse herself in the details that matter. She brings over 17 years of high-stakes litigation experience to every aspect of her work. Having served as lead counsel in several federal and state court jury trials and obtained hundreds of favorable resolutions for her clients, Brenda knows how to litigate strategically to get great results.
And while litigating is in Brenda’s DNA, it is her love of biotechnology that drives her career. Her Master of Science scholarship focused on regenerative and stem cell technologies, with opportunities to learn directly from scientists whose cutting edge research guides potential future therapies. As a longtime volunteer with the Alzheimer’s Association, a highlight of Brenda’s studies was learning from Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry Independent Research Leader Dr. Manajit Hayer-Hartl about her work elucidating naturally-occurring mechanisms for preventing misfolded protein aggregation.
Over the last three years at Bunsow De Mory LLP, Brenda has served as outside counsel for Agilent Technologies, Inc., litigating in both district court and the PTAB to protect and enforce their critical innovations in the fields of CRISPR and oligonucleotide synthesis.
Outside of litigation and scholarship, Brenda is usually practicing Italian, planning her next travel adventure or enjoying a trail run.
- Johns Hopkins University, Master of Science, Biotechnology
- University of California, College of the Law, San Francisco, J.D.
- San Francisco State University, Bachelor’s degree, Biology
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Jackie Cravens Award of Excellence, by Walmart Inc., in recognition of exemplary advocacy and outstanding litigation results